Allah Almighty says, “O you who believe, have taqwa of Allah with the taqwa due to Him,” (3:102)and the Almighty says, “Have taqwa of Allah as much as you are able to.”(64:16) This verse clarifies what is meant by the first verse.
Allah Almighty says, “O you who believe! Have taqwa of Allah, and speak words which hit the mark.” (33:70) The verses which command taqwa of Allah are many and well-known.
Allah Almighty says, “Whoever has taqwa of Allah, He will give him a way out and provide for him from where he does not expect.” (65:2-3)
The Almighty says, “If you have taqwa of Allah, He will you discrimination and erase your bad actions from you and forgive you. Allah’s favour is indeed immense.” (8:29)
69. Abu Hurayra said, “It was asked, ‘Messenger of Allah, who is the noblest of people?’ He replied, ‘The one with the most fear of Allah.’ They said, ‘This is not what we meant.’ He said, ‘Yusuf, the Prophet of Allah, son of a Prophet of Allah, son of a Prophet of Allah, son of the Friend of Allah.’ They said, ‘This is not what we meant either.’ He said, ‘Is it then about the Arabs that you asking? The best of them in the Time of Ignorance is the best of them in Islam when they have knowledge (of the deen).'” [Agreed upon]
70. Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “This world is green and sweet. Allah has put you in charge of it so be careful how you behave. Beware of this world and beware of women. The first trouble experienced by the Tribe of Israel was on account of women.” [Muslim]
71. Abu Mas’ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to say, “O Allah, I ask you for guidance, fearful awareness, chastity and independence.” [Muslim]
72. Abu Tarif ‘Adi ibn Hatim at-Ta’i reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, “Whoever swears an oath to do something and then sees something nearer to godfearing than it, should do the thing which will result in more fear of Allah.” [Muslim]
73. Abu Umama Sudayy ibn ‘Ajlan al-Bahili said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, speaking in the Hajj of Farewell. He said, ‘Fear Allah, pray your five prayers, fast your month, pay the zakat on your property and obey your amirs and you will enter the Garden of your Lord.” [at-Tirmidhi]